A jumbo loan may be for you if you have
- Two years of steady employment (preferably with the same employer)
- A minimum credit score of 680 or higher
- Monthly debt that does not exceed 40% of your monthly income
- Strong assets and cash reserves
- As little as 10% down with no mortgage insurance
- Competitive fixed and adjustable rates
- 15, 20, and 30-year terms
- Finance a primary residence, a second home, even a vacation home
- Enjoy the convenience of one loan for the entire loan amount
- Refinance a jumbo loan and get up to $750,000 cash back
What you need to know
You can afford a more expensive home! With home values increasing, you may find yourself in need of a larger loan amount. That's where a jumbo mortgage comes in. If your required loan amount is even $1 over your area's Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) conforming loan limit, a jumbo loan (or non-conforming loan) is needed.
Conforming loan limits can change on an annual basis, so it's best to visit the Fannie Mae website to find the latest information on your area's limit.