VA Home Mortgages
Serving our country is commendable and those individuals who do so should be allotted certain privileges. In turn, the government has made the home buying or refinancing process trouble-free for VA mortgages:
- Available to active military members, veterans and qualified surviving spouses.
- No down payment (for qualified borrowers).
- No Mortgage Insurance required (for qualified borrowers).
- Low VA Loan rates, because all loans are insured by the federal government.
- Free counseling available from the VA in case of financial difficulties.
- Refinancing is easy as you can refinance up to 100% of your loans value.
- With all new home purchases an "escape clause" is required as safety margin for the VA loan applicant. This clause protects the buyer from being obligated to a VA mortgage loan when the appraised value of the home doesn't match the selling price.
- For those veterans looking at an IRRRL (Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan) refinance, if you have a credit score of 660 or higher an appraisal may not be required.
American Financing can help you make the most of your VA Loan benefits. We have gone to great lengths to ensure the VA loan process is straightforward and swift. Make the most of your government benefits, and with interest rates at an all time low, NOW is the time to buy or refinance.
American Financing is a Mortgage Banker
- We complete all funding
- We have in-house underwriters
- We are a direct FHA lender
Contact American Financing at (866)-750-6551 or complete the online application and let our expert team guide you through the VA Loan process.
Our Mortgage Process
With every client, we strive to make this your best mortgage experience through a seamlessly easy mortgage process and exceptional customer service.
- You will be greeted by a live person when you call.
- We will give you proactive updates on the status of your mortgage.
- Our goal is to be your Go-To-Lender. Your mortgage consultant will be there to answer any of your questions and guide you through every step of the mortgage process. Your convenience is our priority; in turn we can meet you at your home, schedule a time to meet in our office, or utilize eSign from your personal computer.
- Information needed for a fast closing:
- Last 2 pay stubs from each job
- Last 2 years Tax Returns and W-2's (all schedules)
- Last 3 months checking, savings, and investment account statements
- Homeowner's declarations page (shows insurance coverage amounts of home and its contents)
- Copy of 1st and 2nd (if applicable) mortgage(s) and note(s). Most recent statement(s) on those mortgages if available
- Prior title work and appraisal
- Copy of divorce decree and bankruptcy papers (if applicable)
- Letter of explanation on and derogatory credit or prior bankruptcy
- Final purchase agreement(s) and listing sheet
- If self-employed see your mortgage consultant for requirements
- Certification of Eligibility or DD214's (VA only)
- Address of other real estate owned
- Have Questions? You can call us, chat with us online, or send us an email You can also Join Us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay on top of changes in the mortgage industry.