The primary function of the QA/QC Analyst is to continuously monitor and enhance American Financing quality control programs, maintaining compliance with HUD/FNMA/FHLMC requirements, federal and state laws and regulations, and company policies and procedures by conducting quality control reviews of loan information and documentation prior to and after loan closing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform a minimum of the following (depending on task assignment):
- 10 weekly pre-closing (QA) or 8 post-closing (QC) loan file reviews, ensuring that they are in compliance with all regulatory and investor requirements and internal policies.
- Conduct compliance-related training for mortgage staff to enhance their knowledge and accuracy of all disclosures
- Daily monitoring of quality findings to provide prompt resolution to responses and to ensure timely completion of loans.
- Develop and update compliance review checklists, compliance procedures and training material
- Assist in the review and analysis of federal, state and regulatory agencies, rules, laws, regulations and statutes to the extent they impact the quality control audit function, and ensure that the QC Audit Checklist is reflective of current regulatory changes
- Provide compliance recommendations to the Compliance Manager
- Maintain knowledge of current industry practices and trends, identify opportunity for improvements of established practices and customer satisfaction
- Maintain re-verification's of employment and/or assets through database and spreadsheet.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2+ years of professional mortgage experience in Quality Control or Compliance for a multi state mortgage banker or;
- Minimum 2 years in Processing or Underwriting.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws, codes and regulations relating to residential mortgage lending and servicing.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- 4 year degree or 3 years of direct work experience.
- Knowledge of FNMA, FHA, VA Underwriting Guidelines
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner always
- Servicing Documentation knowledge/experience preferable but not required
- Exercise independent judgment and ability to work independently
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Report any potential or actual violations of such policies, practices or procedures to Compliance Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Proficiency with ACES mortgage testing software and MS Office Suite.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Paid time off
Paid Sick Time
Long-term paid disability
Paid parental leave
Work from home
Full set of office equipment provided
American Financing Corporation (AFC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AFC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
At American Financing, we’re innovators with imagination. We’re fast-paced and fun. And we’re a collaborative group that respects and values the individuality of all employees.
Together, we do what it takes to help borrowers achieve their financial goals. And we stay ahead of the competition by challenging ourselves to become more efficient. We are one of the fastest-growing national mortgage lenders because we don't follow the status quo.
Wherever your passions lie, you can find rewarding work and new opportunities here.
Casual work environment
Denver Post Top Workplace
Top 50 Family-Owned Business
Best of Colorado Business
Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Company