Ready to take the next step in your career? 2020 will be a big year for us and we’d love for you to join our growing team.
We are looking for talented and driven Underwriter to become the newest member of American Financing. The underwriter underwrites mortgage loan applications and evaluates loans in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet company standards of 60 new files per month
- Perform a variety of tasks related to the review of complete mortgage loan packages for sale into the secondary market.
- Verify and validate for accuracy and completeness all documents received and confirm documents that meet those required by various authorities including but not limited to FNMA, FHLMC, HUD,DE and individual investors.
- Update, maintain loan data and documentation in Loan Origination System for review, Quality Control and Audit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of current underwriting experience
- DE required SARS a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with a good level of detail of documentation.
- Friendly and motivated attitude. Good moral ethics conduct.
- Must possess good technical skills, comfortable with MS Office, Byte, DU, LP and other various industry systems.
- Must possess the skills of a self-starter and use logic and experience to review and document files.
- Must have an advanced understanding of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Investor guidelines.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Paid time off including holidays
Long-term paid disability
Voluntary FSA, Dependent Care, Short Term Disability, & Cancer coverage
Voluntary Identity/Legal Shield coverage
Paid maternity and bonding leave
On-site massage therapists
Interactive game room
Access to a fitness center