Come join our team. We are a Denver Post Top Workplace, Top 50 Family-Owned Business and National Mortgage Company. American Financing values its employees and offers a fun work environment, with considerable opportunities for professional development and high earning potential.
We truly enjoy recognizing and celebrating top talent. If you're highly motivated with a strong sense of accountability, driven to provide superior customer service — it's time to join the American Financing family.
The primary function of the QA/QC Analyst is to continuously monitor and enhance American Financings quality control programs, maintaining compliance with HUD/FNMA/FHLMC requirements, federal and state laws and regulations, and company policies and procedures by conducting quality control reviews of loan information and documentation prior to and after loan closing.
- Perform a minimum of the following (depending on task assignment):
- 10 weekly pre-closing (QA) or 8 post-closing (QC) loan file reviews, ensuring that they are in compliance with all regulatory and investor requirements and internal policies.
- Conduct compliance-related training for mortgage staff to enhance their knowledge and accuracy of all disclosures
- Daily monitoring of quality findings to provide prompt resolution to responses and to ensure timely completion of loans.
- Develop and update compliance review checklists, compliance procedures and training material
- Assist in the review and analysis of federal, state and regulatory agencies, rules, laws, regulations and statutes to the extent they impact the quality control audit function, and ensure that the QC Audit Checklist is reflective of current regulatory changes
- Provide compliance recommendations to the Compliance Manager
- Maintain knowledge of current industry practices and trends, identify opportunity for improvements of established practices and customer satisfaction
- Maintain reverifications of employment and/or assets through database and spreadsheet.
- Minimum of 1 years of professional mortgage experience in Quality Control or Compliance for a multistate mortgage banker or;
- Minimum 1 years in Processing or Underwriting.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws, codes and regulations relating to residential mortgage lending and servicing.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of FNMA, FHA, VA Underwriting Guidelines
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner always
- Exercise independent judgment and ability to work independently
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Report any potential or actual violations of such policies, practices or procedures to Compliance Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Proficiency with ACES mortgage testing software and MS Office Suite.
All employees are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Paid time off including holidays
- Long-term paid disability
- Paid maternity and bonding leave
- On-site massage therapists
- Interactive game room
- Yoga classes
- Access to a fitness center
- Stocked kitchen