Come join our team. We are a Denver Post Top Workplace and Top 50 Family -Owned Business. You will be working for one of Colorado’s largest Mortgage companies. American Financing is an Innovative and National Company! We value our employees and offer a fun environment, stability, high earning potential, growth and longevity. We truly are a TEAM!! Make American Financing your next career choice today!
We are expanding and adding DE Underwriters to our growing team and we will consider remote De Underwriter with recent experience. Competitive compensation package includes base salary and bonus structure.
Job Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Meet company standards of 60 new files per month
- Underwrites mortgage loan application and evaluate loans in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss.
- Perform a variety of tasks related to the review of complete mortgage loan packages for sale into the secondary market.
- Verify and validate for accuracy and completeness all documents received and confirm documents that meet those required by various authorities including but not limited to FNMA, FHLMC, HUD,DE and individual investors.
- Update, maintain loan data and documentation in Loan Origination System for review, Quality Control and Audit.
- 3-5 years experience
- DE required SARS a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with a good level of detail of documentation.
- Friendly and motivated attitude. Good moral ethics conduct.
- Must possess good technical skills, comfortable with MS Office, Byte, DU, LP and other various industry systems.
- Must possess the skills of a self-starter and use logic and experience to review and document files.
- Must have an advanced understanding of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Investor guidelines.
As a regular full time employee, you will be eligible to participate in the Company’s benefit programs which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Voluntary FSA and Dependent Care Accounts
- Voluntary AFLAC coverage (Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Accident & Cancer)
- Voluntary Allstate Accident coverage
- Voluntary Identity and Legal Shield coverage
- Voluntary Employee Assistance and Travel programs
- Paid Holidays, Time Off, Sick, Maternity/Paternity Leave
- On-Site massage therapists, yoga classes, fitness center, fully stocked kitchen, interactive game room, local event and concert tickets
Family owned and operated, American Financing, a national mortgage banker, is committed to providing financial solutions to make communities better places in which to live. We will conduct business morally and ethically, while insuring we are providing superior customer service and innovative mortgage products.