We are currently searching for a Conventional Underwriter with 3+ years of experience. This is a critical role in our mortgage process. Conventional Underwriter will prepare a careful, detailed analysis of the loan package to determine if a potential borrower presents an appropriate level of risk. Candidate will need be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to provide real time feedback.
You will be joining an Innovative and National Company that values our employees and offers a fun environment, stability, high earning potential, growth and longevity. We truly are a TEAM!! Make American Financing your next career choice today!
Job Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Exceptional knowledge of policies and procedures,
- Ability to make sound judgments on every application
- Candidate needs to be strong at calculating income and assets
- Candidate will be a detailed producer that can move high volume of loans
- Candidate needs to have strong communication skills, excellent verbal skills along with a good level of detail in documentation
- Candidate must possess good technical skills and be comfortable with Byte, DU, LP and various other industry systems
- Candidate will possess the skills of a self-started, be a team player and use logic and experience to review and document files
- Basic understanding of CHFA, FHA and VA.
As a regular full time employee, you will be eligible to participate in the Company’s benefit programs which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Voluntary FSA and Dependent Care Accounts
- Voluntary AFLAC coverage (Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Accident & Cancer)
- Voluntary Allstate Accident coverage
- Voluntary Identity and Legal Shield coverage
- Voluntary Employee Assistance and Travel programs
- Paid Holidays, Time Off, Sick, Maternity/Paternity Leave
- On-Site massage therapists, yoga classes, fitness center, fully stocked kitchen, interactive game room, local event and concert tickets
Family owned and operated, American Financing, a national mortgage banker, is committed to providing financial solutions to make communities better places in which to live. We will conduct business morally and ethically, while insuring we are providing superior customer service and innovative mortgage products.